Knowledge, Education and Learning
E-Learning in the Knowledge Society
Most people seem to agree that we live in a -Knowledge Society-. But what is knowledge, and how can knowledge be categorised? How does learning and life-long learning help us making -knowledge society- a reality, and what is the role of e-learning?
Knowledge, education and learning aims at answering all these basic questions.
- It provides a definition and logical categorisation of knowledge
- It categorises learning and teaching in a similar system.
- It analyses media education, media socialisation, and the use of digital media in and for teaching
- It summarises the main theories of e-learning
- It presents the German sociologist Niklas Luhmann-s theory of the educational system.