Handbook for Language Detectives
Learning and teaching English grammar. Meaning, form, use
Handbook for Language Detectives gives a thorough presentation of English grammar and discusses how to teach grammar.
The book unveils to the readers, who will be working as grammar detectives, the fascinating world of language. It does not only deal with -traditional grammar- but also discusses what different grammatical structures mean (semantics) and how they influence the level of style (pragmatics).
Grammar should not be taught as a separate discipline; it can and should be integrated in communicative language teaching. The book gives you innovative and valuable ideas of how this can be done.
The book serves a double purpose:
- English grammar and language usage at bachelor level from a functional linguistic point of view.
- How to teach English grammar within a communicative approach.
The book is mainly intended for Danish student teachers of English, but anyone else interested in teaching English grammar within an inductive and communicative approach will find it profitable.
Special emphasis is given to areas that are known to be difficult for Danish learners.
Handbook for Language Detectives was awarded Lærebogsprisen in 2010. Activities for each chapter are also available.
Guldgrube af informationer om, hvordan man bedst lærer engelsk grammatik og underviser i det engelske sprog
Jane Bjerregaard Hjorth på Folkeskolen.dk 16. Oktober 2012
1. Introduction 7
2. Learning and Teaching Grammar 17
3. Grammar across Sentences 45
4. Words, Idioms and Word Formation 83
5. Sentence Analysis, S-V agreement and Word Order 111
6. An introduction to Groups and Sub-Clauses 149
7. Verbs and the Verb Group 175
8. Nouns, Pronouns, Articles and the Noun Group 233
9. Prepositions and the Prepositional Group 291
10. Adjectives and the Adjective Group 303
11. Adverbs and the Adverb Group 325
12. Circumstiantials 341
13. Modality and Modal Verbs 359
14. Spelling 377
15. Punctuation 395
16. Interlanguage Analysis 411
Grammar terminology in English, Latin and Danish 447
Bestil pensumeksemplarEr du underviser, har du mulighed for at bestille et pensumeksemplar af bogen.Gå til bestilling
Du er altid velkommen til at kontakte os på email@example.com eller på telefon: 44 22 38 80.