Advertising and Chinese Society
- Impacts and Issues
Unlike those on a commercial slant, this book provides readers with an understanding of the two-way relationship between advertising and Chinese society.
Major issues addressed in this 14-chapter volume include:
- Rising consumerism
- Consumers' attitudes towards advertising and reactions to advertising appeals
- Cultural messages conveyed in advertisements
- Gender representations
- Sex appeal
- Offensive advertising
- Advertising law and regulation
- Advertising to children and adolescents
- Symbolic meanings of advertisements
- Public service advertising
- New media advertising and its social impact.
Contributed by a group of prominent scholars on Chinese advertising research from the fields of communication, journalism, and marketing, this book resorts to a variety of research techniques including:
- Content analysis
- Survey, experiment
- Semiotic analysis
- Secondary data analysis
The book aims at enhancing the sensitivity of scholars and practitioners interested in Chinese advertising to its social ramifications.
Bestil pensumeksemplarEr du underviser, har du mulighed for at bestille et pensumeksemplar af bogen.Gå til bestilling
Du er altid velkommen til at kontakte os på email@example.com eller på telefon: 44 22 38 80.